Table of contents
- How to Become a Occupational Therapist?
- How Long does it take to Become Occupational Therapist?
- Occupational Therapy Schools & Education
- Occupational Therapy Programs & Certification
- Occupational Therapist Salary
- Occupational Therapist Job Description
- Occupational Therapist Requirements
How to Become a Occupational Therapist?
• Complete the course related to this field: It is always better to do a course which is related to this field. This is always important to have a basic knowledge about the things.
• Apply for the program: Always keep applying for different kinds of programs related to the course. This will help you a lot.
• Do an OTA program: This helps you gain an experience, as well as know the things by personally experiencing it.
• Get your graduation done: It is always important to get graduated in a science background theme.
• Get the license: If you don’t have this you won’t be considered as an official occupational therapist.
How Long does it take to Become Occupational Therapist?
It has a different kind of courses right from the associates, degree, masters, doctoral and online. So for this reason, the time factor always depends on what we choose to do with our future. It nearly takes around 2 years for a person to complete his master after a must degree.
After that, he can continue more or have to work for experience near someone who is already practicing it. This helps them to gain experience as well as money. This is the best time for them to grasp the knowledge for free, which will be direct.
Occupational Therapy Schools & Education in United States
Click on the states in the map below to view the list of occupational therapy schools information.
Occupational Therapy Programs & Certification
There is a large range of program that is there in the educational system of that, it has many kinds of courses in the associate, bachelor, doctoral or any online course, such as:
• Anatomy and Physiology: This will help us to know about the body structure of a person and helps us to know about major facts about its working system.
• Occupational analysis: This helps the student to analyze the occupational therapy toward a patient. This is very useful for people who want to pursue it as the goal.
• Fundamentals of occupation: This is where the student gets to know the basic of the occupational therapy, why is it used, how is it used or when it is used.
• Growth and development: This helps a lot to the student because when they know about the overall growth of a person, they can perform many best activities in their future.
• Knowing about mental health: This is also important as physical and mental health play an equal importance in a person’s life. If one is missing the other is incomplete. This is not the good thing.
• Online courses: This can be selective as according to your wish, the time period also depends.
Occupational Therapist Salary
How much does a Occupational Therapist make?
They really get paid a very good amount. Whereas the lowest paid is $39,000 and the highest id $78,000 and the medium is $57,870. This is a very good field, which even gives a lot of happiness to the people who work for it. As they see many people go happily out of their clinic. It can be hourly based. Doesn’t even have much pressure and can be done according to the time.
Occupational Therapist Job Description
As this job is related to treating the ill patients physically or mentally. It contains a lot of exercises. All they need to do is to take proper care of the patient. Motivate them throughout their workout session. Speaking to them and making them feel comfortable helps them a lot to recover soon. They should educate the patient about the dos and don’ts.
They should always monitor the patient about his activities. In this job, people get paid very well and yet are very happy. The working timings can be limited and flexible. If they go to the patient’s house we can expect extra money and good facilities. This is one of the plus points. It is just to make the patient feel good and relieved physically as well as mentally. It helps them to be healthy and they will respect you a lot for it.
Occupational Therapist Requirements
In this field a person need to have a lot of compassion toward his profession, he should love it like his life, then only he can treat the patients well. They should always be flexible in the mode of time or as well as behavior, he should be very friendly to the patient and try to understand him.
They should have a lot of patience to work on few patients, as all may not react positively to the treatment and take a time to adjust. Therapists should have very good communication skills with the patient.